The smartest way to develop your business is to grow your people. The Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Skills Hub can help you find the skills and training you need to make your business thrive.
The Skills Hub engages directly with employers through impartial Skills Brokers, helping them to identify their skills needs and signposting them to support available, which can include Training Grants. Grant funding is available in the Stoke-on-Trent & Staffordshire LEP area.
The Skills Hub aims to:
- Create a “one stop skills shop” signposting service for Staffordshire employers to local and national training programmes
- Provide employers with targeted, face-to-face support, delivered by the Independent Skills Hub Advisors, to enable local business to engage with skills programmes and funds and to ensure business opportunities are exploited
- Prioritise SMEs with growth potential targets
- Extend the reach and amplify the impact of national initiatives (Apprenticeships, Higher Education, Technical Skills) and increase work experience, work placements, traineeships and graduate placements by referring to Delivery Partners
- Create seamless co-operation among skills and growth providers and the cross referral of clients
- Support a vibrant growth-led transformation of our local economy which unlocks, expands and accelerates the growth potential of businesses by improving skills
- Become a core partner of all businesses with a strong focus on those existing and future businesses that need skills development to foster growth
- Bring together and develop a community of likeminded Training Providers and education providers who can support growth
- Provide a focus on businesses not already engaged in skills development
- Provide access to a Knowledge Bank of skills-related information
- Support events and promote general skills activity